2011年9月18日日曜日

English Grammar and Open Campus

Before I went to open campus of KGU with my friend , I studied English grammar. I learned how to use can , could , must and shall in English. Recently I am studying English in English. A textbook of English grammar I am using is written in English. When I was a high school student , I studied English grammar very much. I just only studied it. I had believed that English grammar is the most important to use English before I noticed that I should study English using all skills like writing , speaking , listening , reading. When I started to study English, all of materials I used were explained in Japanese. 
It was easy for me to study English grammar. Now I think it was not enough to make me to understand how to use English grammar or understand real meaning of English written or spoken. I often make many grammatical mistakes , but I had been confident before I started to use the textbook. I had known how to use can in just only one way before i . When I use can , I had used it as a replacement of be able to.That's why when I want to say that I have ability to swim , I am able to swim or I can swim. It sounds like they have same meaning for me , but it's not true. What I learnt  
 today is subtle difference of nuance. I don't have to care it if what I want to do is just to communicate with native speakers simply not deeply. I want to understand what they say truly. It is the biggest dream I want to come true in progress of my English skills. Anyway I became able to 
understand a little how to use them. I wonder when I can understand simple English. I am going to continue studying English till I can do that.

After that , I went to the very enjoyable event, open campus. It was held on 31st July. There had        
already been many people in KGU before I cam there. I saw  high school students or adults consulting professors about KGU. They looked very serious. I was not like them when I was third year high school student. I wanted to become a university student. I didn't have any plan what subjects I major in university. I was going to a technical school of English to which people go for only two years. I didn't want to go to a school or university only for two years. I have had a plan. It is secret though.Anyway , people consulting was very serious and professors also answered their questions seriously in students cafeteria. It was the time of lunch At the time when I and my friend arrived there.. I noticed soon that many people were in a row for foods. They were visitors of KGU open campus. I wasn't like them , but I wanted to eat lunch for free. Fortunately , I found a woman who is a senior student in English department and have part time job in KGU as a assistant of classes. I asked her how I can eat foods. She gave me a pamphlet in which there was a ticket. I could eat foods by replacing the ticket with foods. After replacing, I went to English lounge. There were more people than usual. I'was glad to see so many people. Although they looked nervous coming in English lounge , they were very eager for studying English and interested 
 in it . A girl was impressive for me. The girl was alone in English lounge. She tried to talk to me in English. I thought she couldn't speak English well just like me , she looked she wanted to get something important to decide her future. I wanted responded her attitude , but I don't know how well I could respond it. There were some English lounge staff members as KGU staff members then. They looked very hard explaining why English lounge is in KGU. They explained about it very understandably. Also a professor was there. He introduced some visitors about me when I was there when I was eating lunch. It is strange isn't it? Usually , People who eat during open campus were visitors or people wearing red polo shirts. I was not wearing red polo shirt but a visitor. They were surprised that I am a student of KGU and was not a staff member, and was eating lunch. All of people I talked were very friendly and eager. I was looking forward to seeing them next year when they get in KGU. 

As a result, I thought I should have visited KGU before I decided which university I go. Open campus was very nice and all of staff members of it were also nice. If I can be a staff member of it next year , I will do. 
(841 words)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿